Friday, January 18, 2008

Changes

Well I am sure most of you have heard by now. I have been offered a position in Roseburg to help start a internship at a discipleship program at Garden Valley Christian Assembly in Roseburg. So I will be finishing up this year at Generational Leadership and then I will be moving down in hopefully August. Many people are very excited and some people don't understand my decision. Coming from Roseburg I felt like I could not grow there. I felt hopeless.I turned to pain killers and other self harming habbits. I was so depressed..I was living life with out the Lord. I came in contact with Matthew and Sabrina Schlesinger and walked with them. They suggested I come up to Generational Leadership in Maple Valley. So I came to Generational Leadership. I left behind my family, church and great Young Adult Pastors. I thought I would live here forever. I have had three amazing years up here...I feel content and complete :) I truly have met Jesus and He has healed and restored me. I am walking in places of leadership I thought I would never reach. I have first hand experienced the presence of God. And I would not change that for a thing. I have been approached on a couple different times to move home and my immediate reaction was NO! But when Sabrina called and asked me I had such a deep heart change. I had two weeks to decide. Instantly I already knew my answer. I had a meeting with Pastor Tom and I asked him how do I know if I am making the right decision and He told me that I would feel peace about it. I knew then I was moving to Roseburg. I am very hopeful about this. I know that this is God. My whole family has moved away from Roseburg, I have a few friends down there..but things have changed because I have been away for so long. But I know this is the right thing for me to do. I want to be apart of the change in Roseburg. I want to bring hope to Young Adults. So big changes are ahead for me!

1 comment:

Steve and Alie said...

We love you and support you, Laura!